It’s quickly turning into another weird year. God may feel absent, distant, and removed from the pain and confusion of life. But he’s not. He’s right here in the middle of it all.
Great. That all sounds wonderful but how do we know God is in control? To quote a popular kids song, because the bible tells us so. As simple, and as complicated, as that.
Here are 5 Reasons We Know God is in Control Right Now according to the bible.
- God has a purpose and that purpose will trump any of our plans.
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
2. God can turn evil into good. He will deliver goodness to us but we need to trust in him.
18 His brothers also came and fell down before him and said, “Behold, we are your servants.” 19 But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? 20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. 21 So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.” Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.
3. God has ultimate rulership. He governs the world according to his purpose and plans.
The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will.
For kingship belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations.
He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding.
4. With him, we have the strength and guidance to defeat temptation and trial.
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
5. God manages our sanctification. He is working in us and it is only with him that we can find purpose and joy in the trials. He does not give up on us.
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another.