If you are in need and you’d like to request help:
1. Village Deliveries – If you need help getting what you need, we’d be happy to deliver! Click here to learn more.
If you’d like to volunteer to help, here are some practical ways:
1. Langley Adopt-a-School program family support. Sign up here to serve families in need who typically rely on the breakfast and lunch programs that schools provide.
2. Surrey Adopt-a-School program hampers for families. We had our first round of hamper deliveries for families from Holly Elementary. Currently we’re working on how to move forward with continued help so if you’d like to stay updated, sign up here.
3. Village Deliveries – We need drivers for Village deliveries. Click here to learn more.
4. Be neighbourly!
- If you are doing a grocery run, reach out to your neighbour, friend, co-worker, to see if they need anything while you’re already out. Let’s help reduce the amount of people who are making grocery runs.
- Have a green thumb? Plant a pot of flowers and deliver to your neighbour.
- You can also offer to help people who could benefit from your tech skills, for example, helping someone file for unemployment, helping an older neighbour get set up with a Google Home or FaceTime to connect with loved ones.
- Host online game nights (HouseParty is one app option)
- Host Netflix parties
- Call your local seniors home to see if there are any seniors who don’t typically have anyone to talk to and ask if you can be a relational support for them by phone – a Criminal Record Check may need to be done.
5. Donate blood – Blood banks still need donations. Visit the website here to book an appointment and to see their guidelines around donating amid COVID-19.